Aboriginal Flag Studs by The Koorie Circle
Temporarily out of stock
THE ABORIGINAL FLAG STUDS
The Aboriginal Flag was designed by Harold Joseph Thomas designed in 1971, as a symbol of the Indigenous land rights movement. In 1995, the flag was made an official "Flag of Australia".
We received a cease and desist for selling these earrings so we had to stop. Laura the woman behind The Koorie Circle and one of the champions behind the campaign to #FreeTheFlag fought to remove the exclusive licenses that limited Aboriginal people and all Australians from using this symbol.
On 24th of January, 2022 it was announced the Aboriginal Flag would be free for people to use! Read more at www.clothingthegaps.com.au about how the history of the flag and the journey to free this iconic symbol flag from the restrictions of copyright.
- Hypoallergenic surgical steel posts with butterfly earring backs.
- Made in Australia from 100% renewable sustainable hoop plywood.
- Registered Australian Made and Aboriginal business.
- Hand-painted with resin finish on Wurundjeri Country.
8mm diameter and 2mm deep.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong