Seven Sisters Honeycomb Christmas Ball - Handmade Cotton Paper
In stock and ready to ship
Artwork by Andrea Mimpitja Adamson.
Honeycomb Christmas Ball -7.6cm
This handmade paper is made from cotton offset scraps left over from the garment industry. Traditional handcraft made in Japur India. The artwork featured on these items under licence. Royalties are paid to the artists.
Better World Arts is a member of Fair Traders Australia and the Indigenous Art Code.
About the artwork
The sisters created the landscape as they tried to escape from Wati Nyiru. They created a rock hole which went under the ground and came up on the other side of the hill. The women dived into the water then flew up into the sky. Wati Nyiru followed them. Now, Wati Nyiru can be seen to the south of the seven sisters (the Pleiades), as he still chases them across the sky.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong