Bush Tomato 20g by Kaiyu Superfoods
Temporarily out of stock
Bush tomato (also known as Desert Raisins, Kutjera, akatyerr, yakajirri) is a small fruit of the plant Solanum centrale that grows in arid regions of Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia and is picked when it has been sun dried naturally. It has a savoury raisin/caramel spicy taste. It is great to put a distinctive flavour into your casseroles, relishes, curries, breads, dukkah, crumb mix and salsas. Aboriginal groups of the arid regions used bush tomatoes as an important food source.
Bush tomatoes contain high levels of iron, folate, potassium and selenium and have a high potassium to sodium ratio of 483. Increasing potassium in the diet helps the kidneys to retain less sodium which helps lower blood pressure. Bush tomatoes also contain zinc, magnesium and calcium. Fresh bush tomatoes contain a lot of Vitamin C but once they are dried, there is little Vitamin C in them.
Selenium is necessary for antioxidant enzymes to function and plays an important role in thyroid hormone metabolism and production. It acts as an antioxidant helping to prevent damage to cells caused by free radicals.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong