Endeavour Voyage: The Untold Stories of Cook and the First Australians
Temporarily out of stock
The story of Cook and 1770 marks the first moment of British contact with the east coast of the continent we now know as Australia. It is one of our nation’s origin stories, although remembered very differently by Anglo-Australians and by Indigenous Australians.
Endeavour Voyage: The Untold Stories of Cook and the First Australians brings something new to this chapter of our history. It expands our national narrative to encompass the perspectives of Indigenous Australians long absent from the telling of these stories.
In making the exhibition and creating this companion book, the National Museum of Australia worked closely with Indigenous people from communities along the east coast of Australia — people whose ancestors witnessed the events of 1770.
This richly illustrated publication provides the back story to the exhibition and offers insights from Megan Davis, Maria Nugent, Angus Trumble, Sarah Engledow and others on both Captain James Cook and the Endeavour voyage, including how our understandings of the events of 1770 have been shaped, in part, by a 250th anniversary year defined by COVID-19.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong