Fire & Rain Modal Scarf by Mainie
Temporarily out of stock
- 100% Modal
- Vegan Friendly Material
- Digitally printed silk
- 25cm wide by 170cm long
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist with every item sold
Add colour and personality to fashion basics with Mainie's gorgeous vegan-friendly, Aboriginal art design scarves.
The Mainie Modal scarf collection offers a colourful array of eye-catching wearable art pieces that will effortlessly transform the routine pairing of fashion staples like a cotton t-shirt with a pair of blue jeans into a super chic look.
Twist, knot, tie, belt or bow, an infinitely versatile Mainie Modal scarf can be worn in almost any manner of ways to put your own personal style stamp on everyday wardrobe basics.
Made from a natural plant-based textile, these exquisite wearable art pieces are designed especially for socially conscious fashion lovers who are seeking ecologically sustainable alternatives to animal-derived products such as silk and wool.
The Artwork Story
The Fire & Rain design is based on an original painting by traditional Warlpiri artist, Phyllis Napurrurla Williams and depicts the Ngapa Jukurrpa, an ancient Warlpiri Water Dreaming story about how smoke from a fire rose into the sky and formed a large storm cloud. A bird picked up the storm on its wings and carried it over the desert country. When the storm became too heavy for the bird to carry, it fell to the ground as rain. Water is the essence of all life to the desert dwelling Warlpiri people. The coming of the rains at the end of the long dry season is a recurrent theme of many important Warlpiri ceremonies and Dreaming stories.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong