Desert Journey Top by Mainie
Only a few left in stock
Presenting a distinctively Australian Aboriginal art design by esteemed Warlpiri artist, Mary Napangardi Gallagher, this beautifully handmade silk top exemplifies Mainie’s “Luxurious, Authentic, Unique” trademark.
The exquisite Desert Journey print design reflects the vibrant earth and sky colours distinctive to the Australian Outback. This versatile and easy to wear top is perfect for all occasions from casual beach wear to evening wear. The top can be worn poncho style with the buttons at the front and back for a longer look or it can be worn horizontally with the buttons along the arms for an elegant off the shoulder look.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- One size
- Hand rolled hem
- Hand stitched button loops
- Natural shell buttons
- Digitally printed silk
- 2 x 45cm wide by 150cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Mina Mina Jukurrpa (Desert Journey Dreaming)
The original artwork by artist Mary Napangardi Gallagher depicts the Dreamtime Story about a journey by a group of Warlpiri women who travelled across the desert gathering a vine called Ngalyipi. The Ngalyipi vine has long been used by the Warlpiri women for sacred ceremonies. The vine also has medicinal uses.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong