Limited Edition Print - Puli Puli Rocks by Ikuntji Artists
Only a few left in stock
Numbered limited edition print (ink on paper) with certificate of authenticity by Keturah Zimran.
Print Size: 29.5cm×42cm
Paper Size: 56cmx38cm
About the Artist:
Keturah depicts the puli puli (rocks) at two different sites. She paints the landscapes at Haasts Bluff where she grew up and also at Karrkurrutintja (Lake Mcdonald in Pintupi), located west of Kintore along the Western Australia/Northern Territory border. Karrkurrutintja country is an important site of the Pilkati (snake) Tjukurrpa (dreaming) of Kaniya Kutjarra (two carpet snakes, two brothers, two Tjangalas). This story was passed town to her from her grandmother Narputta Nangala Jugadai, who was born there. Narputta was passed down this story from her father, Talaku Tjampitjinpa. Both Keturah’ss grandmother and mother, Molly Jugadai painted this same country. Narputta was one of the founding members of Ikuntji Artists, and has been painting since the beginning of the desert painting movement in the 1970’s. Keturah’s grandmother and mother have since passed away, with Keturah being the only remaining daughter in this lineage of artist to still be painting this story.
Keturah has been inspired by the painting legacy and tutorage from her grandmother and mother, though has developed a distinctive style over her practice. Keturah uses different colours and hues to depict the ways the puli puli change colours with the weather, especially at sunrise and sunset.
“The sand hills I paint are my mother’s story and the rocks I paint are my own story. My paintings are about my story and my mother’s… I like to paint; painting helps me forget my troubles. I paint every day. My Grandmother used to say to me when I was younger: “One day you will paint.”
Ikuntji Artists is a member-based, not for profit, Aboriginal art centre. It is situated in the community of Haasts Bluff (Ikuntji).
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong