In stock and ready to ship
This beautiful book for the whole family tells, in words and pictures, Bronwyn Bancroft's unique and inspiring story of growing up in country New South Wales.
We played in that old tin cubby, swam in the creek with the catfish, and fell asleep to the ribbip of frogs at night.
And around the red cedar table we listened to the old people's stories. We learned a lot that way.'
Renowned artist Bronwyn Bancroft's Remembering Lionsville brings to vivid life her family's oral history and her own childhood memories.
'A book about holding on to memories, treasuring stories and embracing where we came from.' The School Magazine
Bronwyn is a Djanbun clan member of the Bundjalung Nation.
Bronwyn has a diverse artistic practice, including public art commissions and imagery design for private commission. Bronwyn illustrated her first children's book, The Fat and Juicy Place, in 1992. Since then, Bronwyn has authored and illustrated over thirty books for children.
Bronwyn was the Australian finalist for the Ezra Jack Keats Award for Excellence in Children's Book Illustration in 1994. In 2010, Bronwyn received the Dromkeen Medal for her contribution to Australian Literature and in 2016 was the Australian Finalist for the Hans Christian Andersen Award (Illustrator).
Bronwyn currently holds Board positions with Copyright Agency, the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME), Arts Law, Commonwealth Bank RAP Committee and Boomalli Aboriginal Artists Co-operative.
Bronwyn has a Diploma of Visual Arts, and two Masters degrees from the University of Sydney, one in Studio Practice and the other in Visual Art. She is currently a Doctoral candidate at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Bronwyn Bancroft is a proud Bundjalung Woman and Artist. Bronwyn has been exhibiting nationally and internationally for over 3 decades.
Bronwyn has illustrated and/or written 41 children’s books. She has been a Director of her own company, Designer Aboriginals Pty Ltd since 1985. Bronwyn holds positions with Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (Director) and Commonwealth Bank Indigenous Advisory Council. Bronwyn has been a volunteer senior strategist at Boomalli Aboriginal Artists Co-operative since 2009.
Bronwyn has a Diploma of Visual Arts from Canberra School of Art, 2 Masters degrees, one in Studio Practice and the other in Visual Art, University of Sydney. Bronwyn was awarded her Doctor of Philosophy in 2018.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong