Rockhole Site Of Tarkul Twilly By Michael Reid Tjapanangka x One of Twelve
Only a few left in stock
Michael Reid’s work, ‘Rockhole site of Tarkul’ depicts designs related to the rockhole and soakage water site of Tarkul, north of Mt Webb in Western Australia. During ancestral times, a large group of Tingari men camped at this site before travelling east to Pinari. The Tingari Song Cycle is a secret-sacred mythology, the specifics of which are only known to initiated Pintupi. In general, the Tingari are a group of ancestral Dreaming beings who travelled over vast stretches of country, creating, and transforming the landscape through their movements.
Michael’s striking use of line and stark monochrome palette create the entrancing effect of pulsating movement in this work. The artist’s interconnecting geometric lines evoke a labyrinthine form, the motif symbolic of a journey or pilgrimage to a predetermined site – much like the travels of the Tingari. Though the esoteric meaning of this work remains secret, the symbolism is universal – the artist’s maze of brushstrokes guiding the viewer on a journey across the Pintupi homelands.
12cm x 180cm 19mm 100% silk satin – double sided.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong