Saltbush ~ Whole leaf dried and ground 50g by Warndu
Temporarily out of stock
Saltbush, dried and ground ready to season all your savoury goodies. Like all of the things.
Note: there are many different species of saltbush. We tend to use old man saltbush the most.
◎ Common Name: Saltbush
◎ Scientific or Latin Name: Atriplex spp.
◎ Comparison: Salty and a crunchy seed
◎ Seasonality: All year fresh
◎ Region: Arid
If you tell any farmers over the age of 60 that saltbush is now a bit of a delicacy, they would laugh in your face. A bit like the lamb shank, which was once fed to the farm dogs but is now one of the priciest cuts in the butcher’s shop, saltbush was only eaten by the sheep. Alas, it should be eaten by us all – it is wonderful.
A huge number of seeds come from the flowering after spring and autumn and they are like little salty popcorn kernels, but were also ground and mixed with water to make dough cooked in coals.
We have loads on our farm, as I walk around I just pick it and nibble on it. A bit like the sheep.
Priced at $18
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong