Silk Scarf by Pauline Woody
Only a few left in stock
Scarf size: 54cm x 180cm
Made in Australia
Based on artwork by Pauline Kerry Woody from Jilamara Arts & Craft Association.
Includes information about the artist and artwork.
Artwork placement will vary from scarf to scarf so each one is a little bit different!
Jilamara Arts and Crafts Association is an incorporated non-profit, Tiwi governed organisation that was established in 1989. Jilamara is in the remote aboriginal community of Milikapiti, overlooking the Arafura Sea, on the north coast of Melville Island, the larger of two Islands that make up the Tiwi Islands.
Jilamara artists are renowned for producing innovative contemporary works based on traditional ceremonial body painting designs, clan totems and Tiwi creation stories. Artists work from a palette of natural ochres to produce paintings on linen, canvas, paper, printmaking, weaving, bark & carved wood.
Over the course of three decades Jilamara artists have established themselves among the most recognised Indigenous artists nationally and internationally. With the support of the art centre, these artists have played a key role in cultural maintenance and renewal for the Tiwi people.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong