Tali Tali Star Handmade Paper fold-out
Temporarily out of stock
Artwork by Damien and Yilpi Marks
Paper Star – 25cm (+/- 1-2cm)
This handmade paper is made from cotton offset scraps left over from the garment industry. Traditional handcraft made in Japur India. The artwork featured on these items under licence. Royalties are paid to the artists.
Better World Arts is a member of Fair Traders Australia and the Indigenous Art Code.
About the artwork
This beautiful image depicts the sandhills of Damien’s country, Mount Liebig, towards Papunya. When you see the hills from a distance, the wind blows through the sand, making the hills move and change form. The wind makes ripples, undulations and ridges in the sand in the same shapes and patterns that can be seen in this painting. These sandhills are a common sight around Papunya – some of the hills are so large they can only be walked across. In between the sandhills are dry claypans and rockholes.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong