Untitled Scarf By Willy Tjungurrayi x One of Twelve
Only a few left in stock
Tjungurrayi’s untitled painting depicts Kirritjinna, a rockhole site south-west of Lake MacDonald, a vast ephemeral salt lake straddling the border between Western Australia and the Northern Territory. During ancestral times, a large group of Tingari Men camped at this site before travelling to Lake MacDonald. The legends of the Tingari are secret-scared in nature, but in general, they are a group of ancestral Dreaming beings who traversed the country, creating and transforming the landscape through their travels. The Tingari Men were usually followed by Tingari Women and accompanied by novices, and their adventures are enshrined in numerous song cycles.
Tjungurrayi painted the places he used to walk around as a boy growing up in the desert. Kirritjinna, close to the place of his birth, is rendered in the artist’s signature style – a central, undulating water source forming part of a network, connecting people, Country, and Law. A master of movement and restraint, Tjungurrayi uses subtle variations in tone to create depth in this work, his fiery palette giving life to the ancestral footprints that connect the sites of his Country.
92cm x 100cm 16mm 100% silk satin with hand rolled edges and double sided printing.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong