Wakirlpirri Jukurrpa (Dogwood Tree Dreaming) Star Handmade Paper fold-out
Temporarily out of stock
Artwork by Liddy Walker.
Paper Star – 25cm (+/- 1-2cm)
This handmade paper is made from cotton offset scraps left over from the garment industry. Traditional handcraft made in Japur India. The artwork featured on these items under licence. Royalties are paid to the artists.
Better World Arts is a member of Fair Traders Australia and the Indigenous Art Code.
About the artwork
'Wakirlpirri' is a very useful tree that grows on the sides of creek beds and near 'mulga' trees. The seeds of this tree can be eaten raw or cooked on the fire. A deliciously sweet drink called 'yinjirrpi' is made from the seeds when they have been dried. The wood can be used to make weapons such as 'karli' (boomerangs) and dancing boards for ceremonies.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong