Wombat Metal Sculpture by Mick Harding
Only a few left in stock
Material: 3mm Corten Steel – designed to rust on the surface (without corroding) and age beautifully over time.
Size: 30cm x 17.6cm
Mick Harding is a proud Taungwurrung Kulin and the artist behind Ngarga Warendj – Dancing Wombat. Aboriginal art in Victoria is unique in its symbolism. It links with our stories and songlines like fingers reaching out to other areas of Australia.
When Mick creates something he express his cultural integrity in place, by being respectful of the interpretation of his culture, and share his story as a Taungwurrung Kulin (Aboriginal man from my traditional country).
“We are the first peoples of this land and have an ongoing responsibility to keep our culture alive and relevant in our current society. We belong to this land” explains Mick.
Mick and the team at Ngarga Warendj encourage our children to express their creative minds to keep alive for the future. “Our children’s future, Our culture, Your culture”
Ngarga Warendj – Dancing Wombat produces high quality contemporary Indigenous Art, using designs based on traditional symbols from South-East Australia.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
* DHL Express is free on orders over [DYNAMIC 1]
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance.
* For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong